Thank you for your tremendous support! Ticket sales have been overwhelming, and the event is SOLD OUT.
The 20th Annual Kennedy-King Dinner
Honoring the Legacies of Sen. Robert Kennedy and Dr. Martin Luther King and Bringing Democrats together from Northern Virginia and from around the Commonwealth
- Featuring Honorary Chair of the Dinner, Congressman Jim Moran
- Keynote Speaker Congressman John Lewis, and
- Special Guest Congressman Gerry Connolly
- Additional Special Guests and Speakers to be Announced
“Remembering the 50th Anniversary
of the March on Washington”
“Some men see things as they are and ask why? I see things that never were and ask why not?” Robert Kennedy’s words, spoken in hope, mirror those spoken by Martin Luther King, Jr. at the Lincoln Memorial when he shared his dream with the world in 1963.
The annual Virginia Kennedy-King dinner, sponsored by the Eighth Congressional District Democratic Committee, celebrates Robert Kennedy’s and Martin Luther King, Jr.’s vision. It is an event to honor those Virginians who strive to make the hopes and dreams of these two great leaders a reality. It is a time to reflect on how both of these men continue to touch our lives as Democrats and live in our hearts as Virginians. The monies raised by the event go towards our effort to support Virginia’s Democrats.
- Hilton Alexandria Mark Center (5000 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA 223). Map and Directions, click here. Paid parking at the hotel, $5.
- Friday, October 25, 2013
- 6:30 PM Reception 7:30 PM Dinner business attire, cash bar
Margo E. Horner, Eighth District Democratic Committee Chair
Charley Conrad and Dan Steen, Dinner Co-Chairs, and
The Members of Virginia’s Eighth Congressional District Democratic Committee
Cordially Invite You to Attend Virginia’s Twentieth Annual Kennedy-King Dinner
- Online (preferred), click here. The event is “green” again this year – online registration and payment are encouraged.
- $100 per person ($90 for YD’s or seniors); other contribution levels appreciated: $150 Benefactor; $200 Sponsor; Patron $250; $1000 Table (10 seats per table); $1500 Benefactor Table (10 seats per table); $2000 Sponsor Table (10 seats per table); $2500 Patron Table (10 seats per table)
- By check – download flyer, click here, mail completed reservation form with your check (deadline for receipt of mail-in reservations Tuesday, October 15th).
- For more information contact Charley Conrad at email@example.com or (703) 835-6614 or Dan Steen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 256-0217.
Text “VA8thCDDems” to 368674, or
Scan the QR code on the left with your smartphone.
Tweet it, click here:
@VA8thCDDems #2013KKDinner: FRI 10/25 6:30 PM Reception 7:30 PM Dinner; Hilton Mark Center; details, tickets – http://bit.ly/2013kkdinner
Paid for by the Virginia 8th Congressional District Democratic Committee, www.va8thcddems.org.
Congressmen Moran and Lewis are appearing at this event as special guests. The Congressmen are soliciting funds or contributions only within federal limits and from federally permissible sources. Individuals may contribute a combined limit of $10,000 to all state, district and local party committees per calendar year. PACs may contribute a combined limit of $5,000 to all state, district and local party committees per calendar year. Contributions from unions, corporations, national banks, federal government contractors and foreign nationals not admitted for permanent residence are prohibited. Federal law requires EDDC to use its best efforts to collect and report the name, address, occupation, and employer for individuals who contribute $200 or more in a calendar year. Contributions are not tax deductible for federal income tax purposes..