The 19th Annual Kennedy-King Dinner
Honoring the Legacies of Sen. Robert Kennedy and Dr. Martin Luther King and Bringing Democrats together from all around Northern Virginia and the Commonwealth
- Featuring Honorary Chair of the Dinner, Congressman Jim Moran
- Recognition of Senator Jim Webb at our Reception
- The Dinner Honors Former Governor Linwood Holton for His Contributions to Civil Rights
- Remarks by Judge Anne Holton and State Party Chairman Brian Moran
“Some men see things as they are and ask why? I see things that never were and ask why not?” Robert Kennedy’s words, spoken in hope, mirror those spoken by Martin Luther King, Jr. at the Lincoln Memorial when he shared his dream with the world in 1963.
The annual Virginia Kennedy-King dinner, sponsored by the Eighth Congressional District Democratic Committee, celebrates Robert Kennedy’s and Martin Luther King, Jr.’s vision. It is an event to honor those Virginians who strive to make the hopes and dreams of these two great leaders a reality. It is a time to reflect on how both of these men continue to touch our lives as Democrats and live in our hearts as Virginians. The monies raised by the event go towards our effort to support Virginia’s Democrats.
- McLean Hilton (7920 Jones Branch Drive, Tysons Corner, VA 22102). Map and Directions, click here. When you get close follow the Obama-Kaine-Moran signs.
- Friday, October 12, 2012
- 6:30 PM Reception 7:30 PM Dinner cash bar
Margo E. Horner, Eighth District Democratic Committee Chair
Charley Conrad and Dan Steen, Dinner Co-Chairs, and
The Members of Virginia’s Eighth Congressional District Democratic Committee
Cordially Invite You to Attend Virginia’s Nineteenth Annual Kennedy-King Dinner
- Online (preferred), click here. The event is “green” again this year – online registration and payment are encouraged.
- $100 per person ($90 for YD’s or seniors)Other contribution levels appreciated: $150 Benefactor; $200 Sponsor; Patron $250; $1000 Table (10 seats per table); $1500 Benefactor Table (10 seats per table); $2000 Sponsor Table (10 seats per table); $2500 Patron Table (10 seats per table)
- By check– download flyer / mail reservation form and bring with you to the dinner, click here (the deadline for receipt of mail-in reservations was Tuesday, October 9th).
- For more information contact Charley Conrad at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 835-6614.
Text “VA8thCDDems” to 368674, or
Scan the QR code on the left with your smartphone.
Tweet it, click here:
@VA8thCDDems #2012KKDinner: FRI 10/12 6:30 PM Reception 7:30 PM Dinner; McLean Hilton; details, tickets – http://bit.ly/2012kkdinner
Paid for by the Virginia 8th Congressional District Democratic Committee,
www.VA8thCDDems.org. Margo Horner, Chair.
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.
Due to the involvement of federal legislators in this event, federal limitations apply. Individuals may contribute a combined limit of $10,000 to all state, district and local party committees per calendar year. PACs may contribute a combined limit of $5,000 to all state, district and local party committees per calendar year. Contributions from unions, corporations, national banks, federal government contractors and foreign nationals not admitted for permanent residence are prohibited. Federal law requires the Eighth District Democratic Committee (EDDC) to use its best efforts to collect and report the name, address, occupation, and employer for individuals who contribute $200 or more in a calendar year. Other contributions will be deposited into the EDDC non-federal account. Virginia law requires political committees to report name, address, occupation and name of employer for each individual whose contribution aggregate is in excess of $100 per cycle. Contributions are not tax deductible for federal income tax purposes.