The results of the 8th Congressional District Democratic Convention:
- Obama Delegates/Alternate: 2 males, 2 females, and 1 male alternate
- 2 male Obama Delegates: Robert H. “Bob” Brink (Arlington County), Charles “Keith” Lutman (Fairfax County, Lee District)
- 2 female Obama Delegates: Cristina Chiappe (Fairfax County, Providence District), Bridgit Donnelly (Arlington County)
- 1 male Obama Alternate: Evan Day (Arlington County)
- Clinton Delegates: 1 male, 2 females
- 1 male Clinton Delegate: Paul C. Smedberg (City of Alexandria)
- 2 female Clinton Delegates: Allida Black (Arlington County), Hazel Rigby (City of Alexandria)
- Eighth Congressional District Presidential Elector: 1 elector
- Marian Van Landingham (City of Alexandria)
The convention was a long one, but not by 8th CD standards, convening at 10:00 am and closing at 4:40 pm. A bit of contention on rules and one resolution kept the attendees busy, but all in all it was a good day – DEMOCRATS WON!
All resolutions presented by the Permanent Resolutions Committee were adopted by the convention.[download id=”18″]
Thank you to all our Delegates and Alternates, volunteers, 8th CD officers, members and committees, and our special guests Mayor Bill Euille, Congressman Moran, Senator Jim Webb, and Delegate Brian Moran. Thank you to the City of Alexandria for hosting the Convention, and to the work of our Chair, Margo Horner.
NEXT, Congressional Primary on June 10th: Congressman Jim Moran v. Matthew Famiglietti.