Below is a list of useful links for Democrats. Click on a tab below to access links.
- 8th District Jurisdictions
- Alexandria Democratic Committee (ADC)
- Arlington County Democratic Committee (ACDC)
- Fairfax County Democratic Committee (FCDC) 5 of 9 Magisterial Districts in the 8th
- Falls Church Democratic Committee
- Democratic National Committee (DNC)
- Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
- Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee
- Virginia Senate Democratic Caucus
- Virginia House Democratic Caucus
- Virginia Progressive Caucus
- Democratic Party of Virginia (DPVA)
- Virginia Democratic Women’s Caucus (VaDWC)
- Rural Caucus of Virginia
- LGBT + Democrats of Virginia
- Democratic Latino Organization of Virginia (DLOV)
- Veteran and Military Families Caucus
- Democratic Black Caucus of Virginia
- Democratic Asisan Americans of Virginia
- disAbility Caucus
- Small Business Caucus
- Labor Caucus
- Virginia Young Democrats
- 1st Congressional Democratic District Committee
- 2nd Congressional Democratic District Committee
- 3rd Congressional Democractic District Committee
- 4th Congressional Democratic District Committee
- 5th Congressional Democratic District Committee
- 6th Congressional Democratic District Committee
- 7th Congressional Democratic District Committee
- 9th Congressional Democratic District Committee
- 10th Congressional Democratic District Committee
- 11th Congressional Democratic District Committee
- Clarke County Democrats
- Fairfax City Democrats
- Fauquier County Democratic Committee
- Frederick County Democrats
- Loudoun County Democratic Committee (LCDC)
- Prince William County Democratic Committee
- Young Democrats of America
- Virginia Young Democrats
- League of Women Voters
- National Organization for Women (NOW)
- Emily’s List
- Moms Demand Action
- NARAL – Pro Choice
- National Urban League – Civil Rights
- NAACP – Civil Rights
- Unidos US – Civil Rights
- American Civil Liberties Union – Civil Rights
- Southern Poverty Law Center – Civil Rights
- Virginia Grassroots Directory
- Interfaith Alliance
- League of Conservation Voters
- Smart Markets – Buy Local Virginia
- Sierra Club
- Chesapeake Climate Action Network (CCAN)
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation – Save the Bay
- Appalachian Voices
- Southern Environmental Law Center
- Wise Energy for Virginia
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- InterFaith Power and Light
- Virginia Conservation Network
Internship and Page Programs
- White House Internships
- Senator Warner
- Senator Kaine
- Congressman Beyer
- Virginia General Assembly Student Page Program
Flag requests (flag purchase required), i.e. to request a flag flown over the US and/or Virginia Capitol.
- US flag flown over Capitol (Washington, DC)
- Virginia flag flown over Capitol (Richmond, VA)
- DemRulz – VA DNC member, Frank Leone, Jr.
- VPAP – The Virginia Public Access Project (source of information about money in Virginia politics)
- Voter Suppression
- Voter Caging (Brennan Center for Justice)
- Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law: Allegations of widespread fraud by malevolent voters are easy to make, but often prove to be inflated or inaccurate. Crying “wolf” when the claims are unsubstantiated distracts attention from real problems that need real solutions. Moreover, these claims are frequently used to justify policies – including restrictive photo identification rules – that could not solve the alleged wrongs, but that could well disenfranchise legitimate voters. The Brennan Center carefully examines allegations of fraud to get at the truth behind the claims.
- ALEC Exposed
- Through the corporate-funded American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), global corporations and state politicians vote behind closed doors to try to rewrite state laws that govern your rights. These so-called “model bills” reach into almost every area of American life and often directly benefit huge corporations.
- RichmondSunlight – tracking the Virginia General Assembly
- Democratic Printing / Products
MoveOn is working to bring ordinary people back into politics.
- Center for American Progress
A progressive public policy research and advocacy organization.
- Media Matters
A not-for-profit, web-based, media watchdog group; a progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.
- Center for Media and Democracy
A guide to the names behind the news. A collaborative project of the liberal Center for Media and Democracy that produces a directory of public relations firms, think tanks, industry-funded organizations and industry-friendly experts that work to influence public opinion and public policy on behalf of corporations, governments and special interest groups.
- Huffington Post
A liberal / progressive American news website and content aggregating blog featuring various news sources and columnists.
A non-partisan, non-profit research group based in Washington, DC that tracks money in politics, and its effect on elections and public policy.
- Hatch Act
A discussion of restrictions on political activity by federal government employees, and by employees of certain state and local government agencies, under the Hatch Act.
Our nation’s guardian of liberty, working daily in courts, legislatures and communities to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the
Constitution and laws of the United States. Conserving America’s original civic values – the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
- Daily Kos – an American political blog, publishing news and opinion from a liberal or progressive point of view.
- Blogossary (the blogosphere’s dictionary)
- A Guide to US Government Branches (from Maryville University)