ADD EVENT: to suggest an event for our calendar, click here to enter the details. To be fair only general election events for candidates may be accepted for the 8th CD calendar, with the exception of official primary candidates for Congress in the 8th Congressional district.
- This event has passed.
Fairfax 2016 Delegation Meeting
May 9, 2016 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
There will be a meeting of Fairfax County’s Delegates & Alternates to the 8th Congressional District and State Democratic Conventions on Monday, May 9, 2016. This includes Delegates and Alternates for both Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders.
The 8th CD Delegation in the Fairfax County has vacancies to be filled for 19 Alternates (14 Clinton, 5 Sanders) and 16 Delegates (15 Clinton, 1 Sanders) to the 2016 Congressional District and State Conventions. The Delegation Meeting is also an opportunity to learn more about the process of electing our Democratic President, and meet your fellow delegation members.
- WHEN: Monday, May 9, 2016 7-9 P.M.
- WHERE: Richard Byrd Library (7250 Commerce St, Springfield, VA 22150)
All vacancies regardless of whether for Alternate or Delegate shall be filled as Alternates, which can then be promoted by the delegation to Delegate if Delegate vacancies exist.
Persons seeking election as Alternate shall submit a filing form for Alternate (Alternate Joinder Form), and one may file by mail, online, or in-person. Forms will also be available at the meeting, and may be completed there. No matter which method one uses, a signature must be affixed to the form. All persons filing shall indicate their Presidential preference, and to be eligible for election, all candidates must be registered to vote in the Eighth Congressional District (Fairfax County).
DEADLINE FOR FORM SUBMISSIONS
- MAIL: 5:00 p.m. Friday, May 6, 2016 to Fairfax County Democratic Committee, 8500 Executive Park Ave. Suite 402, Fairfax, VA 22031; Alternate Joinder Form – FFX 8th, click here
- ONLINE: 12:00 noon, Monday, May 9, 2016 at http://bit.ly/ffx8thcd2016
- IN PERSON: at the Delegation Meeting, Monday, May 9, 2016
After the deadline there will still be opportunities to be an Alternate or Delegate by attending the Congressional District and State Conventions.
Delegates and Alternates are expected to attend the Congressional District and State Convention.
- 8th District Convention (www.va8thcddems.org/2016convention): Saturday, May 14, 2016 registration starts at 9:00 a.m. and the convention will conclude around 2:00 p.m., at Edison HS, 5801 Franconia Rd, Alexandria, VA 22310
- State Convention (www.vademocrats.org/convention-2016): Saturday, June 18, 2016 beginning at 10:00 a.m., at the Greater Richmond Convention Center, Grand Ballroom, 403 North Third Street, Richmond, Virginia 23219
If you are a Delegate or Alternate and unable to attend the convention(s), please contact Fairfax 8th CD Jurisdictional Caucus Leader Steve Bunn as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important for every Fairfax County Delegate and Alternate slot to be filled.